- Intracannula Thrombus Formation Associated With Dual Lumen ProtekDuo Cannula in Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO): ECMO is used in severe respiratory failure and is becoming more popular with the introduction of dual lumen cannulas, which allow for increased patient mobility and fewer vascular access sites. However, single cannula flow can be limited by adequate inflow, requiring the need for additional cannulas.
- Could the lake ecosystems influence the pathogenicity of the SARS-COV-2 in the air: During the first 200 days of the Covid-19 pandemic in Poland, lower morbidity and mortality due to SARS-COV-2 infection were recorded in three regions covered by many small and large lakes. West Pomerania had 5.8 deaths/100 000 population, Warmian and Masurian had 7.6 deaths/100 000 population, and Lubusz had 7.3 deaths/100 000 population, compared to Poland’s average of 16.0 deaths/100 000 population. In Mecklenburg (Germany), bordering West Pomerania, only 23 deaths (1.4 deaths/100 000 population) were recorded.
- Adaptive modes of adult men during COVID-19: qualitative analysis under Roy’s model: This study examined how 45 adult men in Brazil adapted to the COVID-19 pandemic. Data was collected through a web survey and analyzed using Reflective Thematic Analysis and Callista Roy’s Adaptation Model. Results showed that men adapted by making adjustments to their sleep, diet, and exercise habits, as well as by engaging in activities to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Effect of Fear, Concern, and of Risk Factors for Complicated Covid-19 on Self-Care in People in Pre-elderly and Elderly Stages: This study sought to determine the effect of risk factors, fear, and concern on self-care regarding COVID-19 in pre-elderly and elderly people. A correlational-predictive study was conducted using convenience sampling, and the scales of fear of COVID-19, concern about COVID-19, and self-care during COVID-19 confinement were applied. Descriptive and inferential statistics were used to analyze the data.
- Resorcarene modifiers for supramolecular site-directed immobilization of antibodies on multi-walled carbon nanotubes: We developed a supramolecular Ab conjugation strategy based on resorcarene modifiers to improve the orientation of Abs on the surface of carbon nanotubes and optimize the Ab/Ag interaction.
- The results of thrombectomy from the arteries of the lower extremities in patients infected with SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant with different severity of respiratory failure: This retrospective, cohort, comparative study of 305 patients with acute thrombosis of the arteries of the lower extremities against the background of COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant) was conducted from 05/01/2022 to 20/07/2022 to analyze the results of thrombectomy against different severities of respiratory failure.
- Prospective evaluation of health care services for children and adolescents with post-COVID-19 condition in Bavaria, Germany: study protocol: This study aims to evaluate the health care services provided by a Post-COVID network in Bavaria, Germany, for children and adolescents who have suffered late effects from SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Rapid SARS-CoV-2 antigen-detection self-tests to increase COVID-19 case detection in Peru: A qualitative study: In 2021, a qualitative study was conducted in Peru to assess the acceptability of rapid antigen-detection self-tests for SARS-CoV-2 among resource-constrained populations. The study aimed to evaluate the potential of self-tests to improve early detection and surveillance of the virus in these populations.
- Working Online During the Contemporary COVID-19 Pandemic: This paper focuses on the experiences of psychoanalysts working with teleanalysis during the COVID-19 pandemic. Issues such as Zoom fatigue, online disinhibition, confidentiality, the frame, and working with new patients are discussed.
- Developing a consensus to support health and social care professionals and patients manage nutrition in the context of COVID-19 recovery: This paper describes the method used to develop nutritional guidelines for people who have had COVID-19 in the UK. The method involved adapting conventional research methodologies to review relevant literature, policy documents, and collect the views of health and care staff.
- Gold and silver as safe havens: A fractional integration and cointegration analysis: This paper investigates whether gold and silver can be considered safe havens by examining their long-run linkages with 13 stock price indices. Using fractional integration/cointegration methods, the stochastic properties of the differential between gold/silver prices and 13 stock indices are analysed for two samples: one from January 2010 to December 2019, and one from January 2020 to June 2022 which includes the Covid-19 pandemic. The results suggest that gold and silver can be considered safe havens during times of market stress.
- One-Year Adverse Outcomes Among US Adults With Post-COVID-19 Condition vs Those Without COVID-19 in a Large Commercial Insurance Database: This study aims to quantify 1-year outcomes among individuals with post-COVID-19 condition (PCC) compared to a control group of individuals without COVID-19. It is a case-control study with a propensity score-matched control group, including medical records from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020 from a large US health system.
- How Should State Licensing and Credentialing Boards Respond When Government Clinicians Spread False or Misleading Health Information: Health care professionals who hold government positions have been spreading health misinformation, which has become a bigger problem during the COVID-19 pandemic. Legal and other strategies are needed to address this issue, such as disciplining clinicians who spread misinformation and reinforcing the professional and ethical obligations of government and non-government clinicians.
- [Evaluation of the clinical efficacy of the effect of herbal medicine on the symptoms of SARS-COV-2 associated pharyngitis and the formation of post-covid syndrome]: This study compared the effects of Tonsilgon N on the course of SARS-CoV-2 associated pharyngitis and post-COVID syndrome development. 164 patients with acute pharyngitis associated with SARS-CoV-2 were included in the study. Results showed that Tonsilgon N was effective in reducing symptoms severity and post-COVID syndrome development.
- Worsening vision at age 4-5 in England post-COVID: Evidence from a large database of vision screening data: This study aims to investigate the prevalence of myopia in young children by analyzing data from vision screenings of children aged 4-5 years. The results will be used to determine if there is an increasing rate of bilateral reduced unaided vision, which could indicate a ‘myopia epidemic’ in the UK.
- Multiple maxillary periodontal abscesses as a manifestation of post-coronavirus disease 2019 mucormycosis: a case report: We present a case of post-coronavirus disease 2019 mucormycosis in a 37-year-old Persian male who had poorly controlled diabetes mellitus and was receiving corticosteroids. The patient had multiple periodontal abscesses and was treated with antifungal medications.
- Cardiovascular Risks in Patients With Post-COVID-19 Condition
Daily News Pulse for March 13, 2023
Summary: Princeton students have seen an overall improvement in course satisfaction since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. In Japan, many people are still wearing masks despite the government’s easing of guidelines.