- SARS-CoV-2 infection of kidney tissues from severe COVID-19 patients
- WHOLE-GENOME SINGLE MOLECULE REAL-TIME SEQUENCING OF SARS-CoV-2 OMICRON
- Persistent Circulation of Soluble and Extracellular vesicle-linked Spike Protein in Individuals with Post-Acute Sequelae of COVID-19: Researchers investigated levels of Spike protein and viral RNA in patients hospitalized with acute COVID-19 and in patients with and without post-acute sequelae of COVID-19 (PASC). Researchers found that Spike and viral RNA levels were higher in patients with PASC than in those without, suggesting that these may be associated with the development of PASC.
- SARS-CoV-2 infection of kidney tissues from severe COVID-19 patients: COVID-19 can cause acute kidney injury, which manifests as acute tubular necrosis, glomerulosclerosis, and autolysis of renal tubular cells. It is not yet known if any renal cell-specific mechanisms are involved in this process.
- WHOLE-GENOME SINGLE MOLECULE REAL-TIME SEQUENCING OF SARS-CoV-2 OMICRON: This study assesses the performance of a target capture SMRT sequencing protocol for whole genome sequencing (WGS) of SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variants and compares it to other sequencing methods to identify genetic mutations in the virus.
- Depression and Anxiety among COVID-19 Indian Intensive Care Unit Survivors: A Prospective Observational Study: This study aimed to assess the immediate and medium-term mental health sequelae (depression and anxiety) among COVID-19 ICU survivors. Willing participants were recruited from a tertiary level ICU from July to October 2020.
- Closing the digital divide: Developing a platform to conduct training, outreach, and education for employment skills
- Health-related quality of life and long-term symptoms among patients with non-severe covid-19 – a prospective cohort study: This study aims to examine the long-term symptoms and impact on quality of life of non-hospitalized covid-19 patients. Data will be collected through self-reported assessments of background data, symptoms and recovery, illness perception (BIPQ) and health-related quality of life (HR-Qol) measured by EQ.
- Post-COVID-19 lichen planus annularis: report of a rare association
- Regular Exercise is Associated with Low Fatigue Levels and Good Functional Outcomes Post-COVID-19: A Prospective Observational Study: This study examined the impact of post-acute SARS-CoV-2 infection on patient outcomes in 218 consented adults. Data collected included disease history, symptoms checklist, patient questionnaires, cognitive tests, social/medical histories, vitals, grip strength and two-minute walk distance. Results showed that post-acute SARS-CoV-2 infection had a significant impact on patient outcomes.
Daily News Pulse for March 13, 2023
Summary: Princeton students have seen an overall improvement in course satisfaction since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. In Japan, many people are still wearing masks despite the government’s easing of guidelines.