- Two cases of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) after administration of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) vaccine: Two patients were treated after they developed SLE after receiving a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine from Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna, suggesting that attention should be paid to possible adjuvant-related autoimmune reactions.
- Reactive Arthritis after Gam-COVID-Vac Vaccination: A Case Report: This article reports a case of a 41-year-old man who experienced morning stiffness and acute discomfort in his left elbow joint 20 days after taking the first dosage of the Sputnik V vaccine. The case was extensively investigated and no evidence of a causal relationship between the vaccine and the adverse event was found.
- What accounts for the different regional responses to COVID-19 in China? Exploring the role of institutional environment, governance capacity and legitimacy: The literature lacks extensive comparative studies on how regional governments in China have responded to the COVID-19 pandemic, and how different regional institutional environments have affected crisis management.
- Decline in spontaneous cervical artery dissection incidence during COVID-19 public health measures – evidence for a role of upper respiratory infections in pathogenesis: This study aimed to determine the incidence of spontaneous cervical artery dissection (sCeAD) before, during and after the COVID-19 pandemic, and the associated public health measures.
- Relationship Quality and Mental Health Implications for Adolescents during the COVID-19 Pandemic: a Longitudinal Study: This longitudinal study examined the effect of parent-adolescent and peer-adolescent relationship quality on adolescent mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic. The sample included adolescents from a community sample, surveyed at three time points 6 months apart. Results showed that strong parent-adolescent and peer-adolescent relationship quality were protective factors for adolescent mental health during the pandemic.
- Role of fibrinogen, albumin and fibrinogen to albumin ratio in determining angiographic severity and outcomes in acute coronary syndrome: This study aimed to investigate the effectiveness of albumin and fibrinogen as nonconventional biomarkers in predicting angiographic severity and clinical outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS).
- Evaluation of satisfaction and reasons for participation in a Covid-19 vaccine clinical trial: A single-centre, observational study: This study administered a validated three-domain questionnaire to assess participant factors such as motivation and satisfaction in clinical trials for SARS-CoV-2 vaccines.
- Steroid administration for post-COVID-19 Parkinsonism: A case report: A 45-year-old man with mild COVID-19 developed parkinsonism 3 weeks later, which was treated with levodopa, benserazide, ropinirole, and a 5-day course of methylprednisolone followed by a 3-month oral prednisolone taper. His symptoms improved significantly one month after initiating steroid treatment.
- Surveillance of gynecologic cancer patients post-COVID-19 vaccine: Are CA-125 levels reliable: This study aimed to evaluate the impact of COVID-19 vaccination on CA-125 levels in gynecologic oncology patients undergoing surveillance. Results showed that CA-125 levels increased following vaccination, but remained within normal ranges. These findings suggest that COVID-19 vaccination should not be a cause for concern in gynecologic cancer surveillance.
- Case report: Individualized pulsed electromagnetic field therapy in a Long COVID patient using the Adaptive Force as biomarker: We present a novel diagnostic approach based on the Adaptive Force (AF) for Long COVID, and report sustained positive outcome for one severely affected patient. Anesthetic blockade of the stellate ganglion was used to improve symptoms, purportedly by “rebooting” the autonomic nervous system.
Daily News Pulse for March 13, 2023
Summary: Princeton students have seen an overall improvement in course satisfaction since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. In Japan, many people are still wearing masks despite the government’s easing of guidelines.