- Associations between reported post-COVID-19 symptoms and subjective well-being, Israel, July 2021 – April 2022: This study examined the associations between subjective well-being (SWB) and selected symptoms reported post-COVID-19 infection in a longitudinal cohort study of 2295 participants in Israel. Results showed that reported symptoms were associated with changes in SWB at three follow-up time points, suggesting that individual symptoms may have an impact on SWB.
- Older adults’ community participation, physical activity, and social interactions during and following COVID-19 restrictions in Australia: a mixed methods approach: This mixed methods study investigates community dwelling older adults’ community participation, physical activity, and social interaction before and during the COVID-19 pandemic. It looks at how the pandemic has affected these activities and how older adults have adjusted to the restrictions.
- Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology in Italy before and after the COVID-19: Lessons learned and management changes by SIGENP: The Italian Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (SIGENP) has published papers on the impact of COVID-19 on the management, diagnosis, and treatment of gastrointestinal, hepatic, immune-mediated, and functional disorders. These papers provide guidance on how to best treat these conditions in the context of the pandemic.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for the treatment of long COVID
- The emotional well-being of Long COVID patients in relation to their symptoms, social support and stigmatization in social and health services: a qualitative study: This study aims to increase understanding of how long COVID patients are managing their daily lives while dealing with the condition by analyzing their personal experiences. Symptoms such as anxiety, depression, and sleep disorders are common among long COVID patients and can have a negative impact on their quality of life.
- Recurring episodes of bundle branch reentry ventricular tachycardia due to aortitis preceded by SARS-CoV-2 infection: a case report: SARS-CoV-2 infection can lead to a multisystem inflammatory syndrome with symptoms such as vasculitis and arrhythmias. In this case, a ventricular tachycardia was only managed after SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Analysis of thrombogenicity under flow reveals new insights into the prothrombotic state of patients with post-COVID syndrome: This study aims to investigate thrombogenicity in post-COVID syndrome (PCS) using a microfluidic assay, linking microthrombi, thrombin generation, and the von Willebrand factor (VWF).
- Associations between reported post-COVID-19 symptoms and subjective well-being, Israel, July 2021 – April 2022: This study examined the associations between subjective well-being (SWB) and reported symptoms following SARS-CoV-2 infection in 2295 participants. Results showed that reported symptoms were associated with changes in SWB at three follow-up time points, suggesting that individual symptoms can have an impact on SWB.
Daily News Pulse for March 13, 2023
Summary: Princeton students have seen an overall improvement in course satisfaction since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. In Japan, many people are still wearing masks despite the government’s easing of guidelines.