- Cardiologic Manifestations in Omicron-Type Versus Wild-Type COVID-19: A Systematic Echocardiographic Study: A study was conducted to evaluate the cardiac manifestations of the Omicron variant of COVID-19. 162 patients hospitalized with the Omicron variant were evaluated using echocardiography and compared to patients with the wild-type variant. Results showed that Omicron COVID-19 was associated with increased risk of cardiac complications.
- Erratum: Demographic comparison of the first, second and third waves of COVID-19 in a tertiary care hospital at Jaipur, India: The DOI for the article has been corrected.
- Clinical characteristics, course and outcome of critically ill COVID-19 patients with previous or current TB admitted in ICU of a tertiary care COVID centre of Indian subcontinent
- A multidisciplinary approach to screen the post-COVID-19 conditions
- The effect of psychological distresses caused by COVID19 in healthcare professionals on happiness
- Lessons from COVID-19 pandemic: Analysis of unequal access to food stores using the Gini coefficient
- Big Data Technology in Infectious Diseases Modeling, Simulation and Prediction After the COVID-19 Outbreak: A Survey: Researchers have used compartment subdivision, dynamic parameters, agent-based models, and AI-related methods to improve traditional infectious disease modeling methods in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. These methods are used to better understand the interaction of infectious disease systems and social systems and to solve epidemiological problems.
- Clinical presentation and management strategies of cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction following a COVID-19 infection – a systematic review: This study sought to understand the acute and mid-term effects of SARS-CoV-2 infection on cardiovascular autonomic function. A systematic search was conducted to identify cases of cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction during an acute SARS-CoV-2 infection. Results showed that SARS-CoV-2 infection can cause acute and mid-term cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction.
- Post-COVID acute pulmonary nocardiosis: Another novel post-COVID infection
Daily News Pulse for April 05, 2023
Summary: The domestic box office is close to reaching pre-pandemic levels, with mid-budget films helping to bring moviegoers back. Research has found that diabetes is a major factor in the severity of COVID-19 cases. The US government is planning to authorize booster doses of the vaccine for high-risk populations.