- COVID-19 vaccination up-take in three districts of Nepal: This study aimed to identify up-take and intention for use of COVID-19 vaccines, factors associated with vaccine up-take, and trusted communication strategies about COVID-19 in Nepal. Results showed that vaccine hesitancy is still an issue in the country, with challenges related to accessibility, equitable distribution, and trust in communication strategies.
- Dynamic radiology department practices to reduce potentially aerosol generating procedures – Re: Response to: ‘Use of computed tomography left atrial appendage as an alternative to trans-oesophageal eechocardiography during the COVID-19 pandemic’
- Enhanced recombination among omicron subvariants of SARS-CoV-2 contributes to viral immune escape: We analyzed SARS-CoV-2 genome sequences from November 2019 to July 2022 and observed an increase in the emergence of recombinant lineages during the Omicron wave, particularly in North America and Europe.
- What affected UK adults’ adherence to medicines during the COVID-19 pandemic? Cross-sectional survey in a representative sample of people with long-term conditions: This study aimed to identify what affected people’s adherence to medicines for long-term conditions (LTCs) during the COVID-19 pandemic. A cross-sectional online survey of UK adults prescribed medicines for LTCs was conducted to assess self-reported medicines adherence and reasons for non-adherence.
- Can COVID-19 have a Clinically Significant Effect on Drug Metabolism
- Estimates of COVID-19 deaths in Mainland China after abandoning zero COVID policy: We estimated the COVID-19 fatalities in Mainland China until summer 2023 by using the experiences of Hong Kong and South Korea in 2022 as prototypes.
- Late onset and persistent parosmia and dysgeusia as neurosensorial complication by the SARS virus COV 2: A 25-year-old patient experienced anosmia and dysgeusia after a COVID-19 infection, which later developed into parosmia. This was accompanied by general discomfort, nausea, vomiting, and poor oral intake, leading to weight loss.
- Coenzyme Q10 therapy in patients with post COVID-19 condition
- Post-COVID myocarditis with antiheart antibodies persistence: Clues for autoimmunity
Summary: Governor John Carney has tested positive for COVID-19 and is working from home. The 7-day average of new cases in Delaware is 135, with 158 hospitalizations. A new study has found that 71% of people with long COVID required medical treatment or were unable to work for six months or more. The FDA has withdrawn emergency use authorization for the COVID-19 antibody drug Evusheld due to its ineffectiveness against the Omicron variants now dominating the US.