- Clinician perceptions of the impact of ICU family visiting restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic: an international investigation: This study used a qualitative approach to explore the impact of family visitation restrictions on clinicians and care delivery in Intensive Care Units during the COVID-19 pandemic, and to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Association between hospital internal medicine physician workforce and patient admissions during the COVID-19 pandemic in Japan: This study aimed to evaluate the relationship between the number of hospital physicians and patient admissions in areas with high COVID-19 incidence in Japan.
- Characterising patterns of COVID-19 and long COVID symptoms: evidence from nine UK longitudinal studies: This study examined the primary symptoms of COVID-19 and long COVID, and their specificity to acute COVID-19 or long COVID. Results showed that certain symptoms were more likely to occur in the presence of COVID-19 or long COVID, and that these symptoms could persist for a longer period of time after infection.
- COVID-19 infection does not seem to affect cognition in college students: Studies of university students participating in cognitive psychology experiments suggest that long COVID may lead to long-term cognitive impairment, with substantial detriments in cognition being observed.
- Recovery of Skill Decay After COVID-19 Redeployments and Implications for Competency Attainment: This study investigated the long-term effects of skill decay after short breaks in procedural training due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and its implications for ensuring resident competency attainment. A web-based cross-sectional survey was distributed immediately after and one year after the pandemic to compare perspectives.
- Perceived quality of life and associated factors in long COVID syndrome among older Brazilians: A cross-sectional study: This paper aims to determine the personal, sociodemographic, clinical, behavioural, and social characteristics of older Brazilians with long COVID, evaluate their perceived quality of life and its association with personal, sociodemographic, behavioural, clinical and social variables, and assess significant predictors of high perceived QoL.
- The impact of COVID-19 lockdown on the oral health status of paediatric dental patients in Greece: This study aimed to evaluate the effect of COVID-19 lockdown on the oral health of paediatric dental patients in Greece. A retrospective cohort study was conducted, which included a questionnaire and a clinical examination assessing dental caries and treatment needs.
- The pituitary gland in SARS-CoV-2 infections, vaccinations, and post-COVID syndrome
Daily News Pulse for April 05, 2023
Summary: The domestic box office is close to reaching pre-pandemic levels, with mid-budget films helping to bring moviegoers back. Research has found that diabetes is a major factor in the severity of COVID-19 cases. The US government is planning to authorize booster doses of the vaccine for high-risk populations.