- Comment on ‘Pityriasis rubra pilaris-like eruption following mRNA COVID-19 vaccine’
- Comment on ‘Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis developing at the site of COVID-19 vaccination’
- Spotlight on vaccine-induced thrombosis and thrombocytopenia (VITT): In the early months of the Covid-19 vaccination campaign, some previously healthy recipients developed severe thrombosis and thrombocytopenia after adenoviral vector-based vaccination. This syndrome, known as Vaccine-induced Thrombocytopenia and Thrombosis (VITT), is believed to be caused by anti-platelet factor 4 (PF4) antibodies, and is managed with strategies based on heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
- Incidence of Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection in Older Adults Before and During the COVID-19 Pandemic: This study aims to assess the incidence of RSV-positive ARI before and during the COVID-19 pandemic, and to assess outcomes for RSV-positive ARI in older adults. It is a community-based cohort study of adults aged 50 years or older residing in southeast Minnesota.
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and corresponding control measures on long-term care facilities: a systematic review and meta-analysis: This study aimed to assess the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on long-term care facilities (LTCFs), including rates of infection, hospitalization, case fatality, and mortality. A systematic search of six databases was conducted for articles published between December 2019 and 5 November 2021, and a meta-analysis was performed to determine the association between control measures and SARS-CoV-2 infection rates in residents and staff.
- Long-term respiratory follow-up of ICU hospitalized COVID-19 patients: Prospective cohort study: This study investigated the long-term effects of COVID-19 on the respiratory system of patients discharged from hospital ICU, and identified risk factors associated with chest CT lesion severity.
- Cardiac assessment of patients during post COVID-19 recovery phase: a prospective observational study: This study aims to evaluate the cardiovascular effects of COVID-19 in patients recovering from the disease.
- Face mask ownership/utilisation and COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy amongst patients recovering from COVID-19 in Cameroon: A cross-sectional study: This study aimed to investigate pre-/post COVID-19 diagnosis/treatment symptoms, ownership/utilisation of face masks, and vaccine hesitancy amongst patients recovering from COVID-19. A cross-sectional survey was conducted from April – October 2021 and data was collected with structured self-administered questionnaires. Multinomial regression was used to determine associations between ownership/utilisation of face masks and respondents’ characteristics.
Daily News Pulse for April 05, 2023
Summary: The domestic box office is close to reaching pre-pandemic levels, with mid-budget films helping to bring moviegoers back. Research has found that diabetes is a major factor in the severity of COVID-19 cases. The US government is planning to authorize booster doses of the vaccine for high-risk populations.