- Hospital and ICU Admission Risk Associated With Comorbidities Among Children With COVID-19 Ancestral Strains: The study assessed the association between comorbidities and hospitalization/ICU admission among 4097 children under 21 with symptomatic COVID-19 from March 2020 to September 2021. Significant comorbidities and demographic factors were identified, showing that children with comorbidities are more likely to be hospitalized or admitted to the ICU.
- Torque teno virus (TTV): a gentle spy virus of immune status, predictive marker of seroconversion to COVID-19 vaccine in kidney and lung transplant recipients: This study investigated whether Torque teno virus (TTV) viral load could be used as a marker of immunocompetence to predict the ability of solid organ transplant recipients to develop antibodies in response to the COVID-19-BNT162B2 vaccine. Results showed that TTV viral load was associated with antibody response, suggesting that it may be a useful marker for monitoring immune status in SOT patients.
- Impact of air pollutants on influenza-like illness outpatient visits under COVID-19 pandemic in the sub-center of Beijing, China: This study examined the association between air pollutants and outpatient visits for influenza-like illnesses (ILI) during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) stage in the sub-center of Beijing. A generalized additive Poisson model was used to analyze the data from 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2020, obtained from the Beijing Influenza Surveillance Network.
- Does COVID-19 Escalate Aging Process? A Possible Concern: The key challenge after the COVID-19 pandemic will be managing the long-term sequelae, such as premature aging, for the millions of individuals who recover from the disease. Countries must plan for these health problems in order to maintain public health and prevent poor health-care services.
- Diagnosis and management of post-COVID (Long COVID) in children: a moving target: This review summarizes recent findings about post-COVID condition (PCC, or Long COVID) in children, including epidemiology, clinical presentation, pathogenesis and care. PCC is defined as a complex clinical symptomatology persisting for at least 3 months after COVID-19 without an alternative diagnosis.
- Creativity during COVID-19: Evaluating an online TimeSlips storytelling program for people living with dementia during quarantine in Colombia: This paper presents evidence of the positive impact of the TimeSlips storytelling method for people with dementia in long-term care (LTC) settings, and evaluates the feasibility of online delivery of the method and its impact on personhood, quality of life, and psychological well-being.
- Central retinal vein occlusion and occlusive vasculopathy at macula in a patient with recent COVID-19 infection: A 50-year-old male presented with decreased vision in his right eye after a recent COVID-19 infection. Fundus examination revealed dense intraretinal dot hemorrhages, ischemia-related retinal whitening, and an expanding foveal avascular zone in the posterior pole.
Daily News Pulse for April 05, 2023
Summary: The domestic box office is close to reaching pre-pandemic levels, with mid-budget films helping to bring moviegoers back. Research has found that diabetes is a major factor in the severity of COVID-19 cases. The US government is planning to authorize booster doses of the vaccine for high-risk populations.