- Autistic young people’s experiences of remote psychological interventions during COVID-19: This study interviews autistic individuals about their experiences with remote therapy, which has been used to help control the spread of coronavirus. Benefits of remote therapy for autistic individuals include feeling more comfortable receiving therapy at home, but clinicians have voiced concerns that it is
unsuitable for certain individuals.
- Surely you are joking, Mr Docking: Scientists around the world have used CADD (Computer-Aided Drug Discovery) methods and tools to rapidly develop drug candidates for COVID-19, leading to a democratization of CADD which has both positive and negative effects.
- What Can We Learn About The Market Reaction To Macroeconomic Surprise? Evidence From The COVID-19 Crisis: We use wavelet analysis and NARDL model to investigate the impact of macroeconomic surprise and uncertainty on G7 financial markets around the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Simulation-Based Training on Basic Obstetrics and Gynecology Ultrasound Skills During COVID Pandemic: This cross-sectional study investigated the use of virtual reality simulation training as an alternative to conventional ultrasound training for medical professionals in order to enable them to perform basic Obstetrics
COVID-19 Pandemic: The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for effective policies and decision-making to address ethical issues related to long-term care centers, as these facilities experienced an unprecedented emergency with exponential mortality. Residents, staff, families, and organizations were all affected by the crisis, requiring careful consideration of how to best manage vulnerable populations.
- Hypercholesterolemia After Coronavirus Disease-19 (COVID-19): Time to Include Lipoprotein X among the Differential Diagnoses: We present two female patients with post-COVID cholangiopathy and overaccumulation of Lipoprotein X (LpX). Both patients had complicated courses of COVID-19 and developed cholestatic liver disease. LpX overaccumulation was identified in both cases, which is an infrequent cause of hyperlipidemia.
- Intelligent manufacturing eco-system: A post COVID-19 recovery and growth opportunity for manufacturing industry in Sub-Saharan countries: This paper discusses the impact of intelligent technologies and the COVID-19 pandemic on the manufacturing sector in sub-Saharan countries. It examines the importance and industrial applicability of Intelligent Manufacturing Systems (IMS) and shows how they can be used as a post-COVID-19 recovery and growth opportunity.
- A Case Report: Long Post-COVID Vaccination Syndrome During the Eleven Months After the Third Moderna Dose: It is known that anti-SARS-CoV-2 vaccines can have side effects, including Long Post-COVID Vaccination Syndrome (LPCVS). Our patient, a 39-year-old male, experienced severe adverse reactions after the third dose of the mRNA-1273 (Moderna) vaccine, including fever, headache, flickering eyes, skin rashes, and fatigue. LPCVS has not been reported 11 months after the third dose of this vaccine.
- Large interfacial relocation in RBD-ACE2 complex
may explain fast-spreading property of Omicron: Simulations of the interactions between the Omicron variant of SARS-CoV-2 and human ACE2 show that the Omicron variant has increased affinity for ACE2, which may explain its fast-spreading properties.
Daily News Pulse for April 05, 2023
Summary: The domestic box office is close to reaching pre-pandemic levels, with mid-budget films helping to bring moviegoers back. Research has found that diabetes is a major factor in the severity of COVID-19 cases. The US government is planning to authorize booster doses of the vaccine for high-risk populations.